This recipe was taken from the “How Not To Die Cookbook by Nutrition Expert Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM” that can be found on Amazon here.
Portions: 16 (2-inch) squares
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 Cup of walnuts
- 1 1/3 Cups of Pitted Dates
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup crushed Pecans
- Grind the walnuts and dates in a food processor until finely ground. Add the almond butter and process until well mixed. Add the cocoa powder and pulse to mix well.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan. Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the top evenly with the crushed pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before cutting into pieces.