Portions: 4 people or 1 big eater like yours truly.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: Around 2-3 hours
1 whole Chicken (5-6 lbs)
1 can (355 Ml) of your favorite Beer (I used Heineken)
3 Garlic Cloves finely minced
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Chipotle spices (oR Chipotle/Mango)
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 cup Chicken Broth
3-4 Chunks of Apple Wood
- Preheat your smoker for a slow smoked cook at about 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean your chicken completely from any unwanted parts inside and out.
- Prepare your dry rub by mixing all its ingredients together.
- Open your beer can and drink half.
- Add the minced garlic into the can of beer.
- Optionally, inject your chicken in its breast, wings, and thighs with your chicken broth to add some tenderness to your cook.
- Cover your whole chicken with the dry rub.
- Insert the beer can within the chicken in a way where the can will support the chicken right side up (as can be seen from the featured image above).
- Apply more dry rub if needed to the chicken.
- Smoke your chicken for around 2 to 3 hours or until it reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees in its breast.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
A very simple recipe but with amazing flavors that have the right amount of smoke, tenderness, and juiciness. You won’t be disappointed and that’s a Chef Big Bill’s promise.