Portions: 4 normal people or 2 big PHO soup lovers like yours truly.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
4 Green Onions Sliced (separate the green from the white)
3 Cloves of Garlic chopped finely
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups of Kale, the leaves, and the stem separated
2 tbsp of Freshly chopped Ginger
1 tsp of Sambal Oelek (Pepper paste)
6 cups of Chicken Broth
Between 5 and 10 leafs of sushi seaweed cut into squares (Approximately 5 cm x 5 cm)
2 cups of Chinese Noodles (Ramen Style)
3 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
3 tbsp of Fish Sauce (Nuoc-Mam)
1 lb of Tofu chopped into Squares
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
Add Salt and Pepper to taste
Homemade Crab Spread:
2 cups of Crab Meat
2 tbsp of mayonnaise (Hellman’s)
1 tbsp of Sriracha
1 whole Lime worth of Juice
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- In a pot, soften the onions and the cloves of garlic in the Olive Oil with the stems of the Kale, ginger and Sambal Oelek.
- Add the chicken broth, vinegar and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While your soup is simmering, in a blender mix all the ingredients for the homemade crab spread until it becomes nice and smooth.
- Go back to your soup, add the Kale leaves and the Chinese noodles.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cilantro, tofu, green onions and the seaweed to the pot.
- Now add Salt & Pepper to taste.
This savory meal is easy to make and is the ultimate way to bring a relaxing and warm end to a long day of work.