If you have the habit of throwing away your lobster shells after a great seafood supper, this recipe will make you want to go back in time and slap yourself.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Portion: 6 normal people or 4 big eaters like yours truly.
1.5 L of homemade reduced broth from the leftover lobster shells
1 cup of Lobster meat
1/4 cup of Tomato Paste
1 chopped Red Onion
1 big chopped Carrot
3 minced Garlic cloves
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp White Flour
1/2 cup White Wine (to deglaze)
300 ml Cooking Cream (I used 18% but 35% is preferred)
1tbsp Salted Butter
Add Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pot, brown your onions in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add your chopped carrot and garlic cloves to the pot.
- Brown everything for another 5 minutes. Your pot should now look similar to this:
- Now add flour to the pot and stir it uniformly.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pot with the White Wine.
- Add your homemade reduced broth from the lobster shells.
- Now add the tomato paste and stir until the paste is dissolved completely within the broth.
- Now add your Lobster meat.
- Bring to a boil and let it reduce to about half.
- Add everything to a blender and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Transfer the blended mix back into the pot.
- Now add the cooking cream and stir.
- Add the thyme and cayenne pepper to the bisque
- Balance the seasonings in the bisque with Salt and Pepper
- Reheat the bisque at medium heat without making it come to a boil and pour generous portions to all your family and/or guests.
One Bisque to rule them all, one Bisque to find them, One Bisque to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.