Make your own homemade pasta and taste the truly amazing delicacy that is fresh pasta.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Serves: 4 Normal People or 2 Big Eaters like myself.
2 1/2 cups of white flour
Add Salt to taste
4 Big Eggs
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Insert flour into a bowl.
- Make a little crevice in the middle of the flour and add your eggs and olive oil to the crevice you just created as can be seen in the following picture:
- If you own a “Stand mixer”, put all of your ingredients into the bowl of the mixer and attach the dough hook. If this is the case for you, skip directly to step 5 if not, ignore this step and go straight to step 4.
- With a fork, lightly beat your eggs and incorporate it little by little with the flour around it. Once the dough becomes thick, start kneading the dough until all of the flour and the egg combine to create a firm ball of dough.
- If you are using your “Stand Mixer”, mix with your dough hook for about 5 to 10 minutes at medium speed (around Speed level 3 or 4).
- If you are doing this recipe by hand, Knead the dough for about 10 minutes by hand up until it becomes smooth and dry (non-sticky). Add more flour to the dough if it is very sticky after kneading.
- Cover up your dough and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- If you are rolling the dough by hand use a rolling pin to flatten the dough very thinly and cut your dough length wise to make your pasta.
- If you are using a pasta maker (Kitchen Aid or other brand), insert the dough into the device and thin it out, then use tips for either spaghetti or fettuccine (which ever you prefer) to make your pasta.
- The cooking time for fresh pasta should never take longer than 2 to 5 minutes or up until the pasta floats to the top of the salted boiling water.
- Show all of your guests and/or loved ones your Italian side by making this beautiful fresh pasta that will impress anybody who try it.
Fresh pasta has just a bite and an incomparable taste compared to dry commercial pasta, its a must try !