Tired of eating the same chicken recipe, try this stuffed chicken breast with goat cheese to spice up your meals this season!
6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Pack of Maple flavored Bacon (or any preferred type)
1 cup of Goat Cheese
2 tbsp of Boursin Cheese
1 1/2 cups of Chopped Spinach Leafs
10 Cherry Tomatoes
Add Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by splitting the thickness in half.
- On your chopping board, place every chicken breast between 2 plastic film sheets OR parchment paper.
- With a meat tenderizer hammer, flatten the chicken breast evenly between 5 to 10 mm of height.
- In a bowl, mix the Goat cheese, the Boursin cheese, the chopped spinach and add the pepper to taste, this will be your stuffing.
- Take a flattened chicken breast and add 2 to 3 tbsp of stuffing on the breast. **You can either cover the chicken with a thin layer of stuffing OR as I did, you put 1 thick stuffing lengthwise at about 1/3 of the chicken so that when you roll it, all the stuffing will be in the middle (same principle as when rolling sushi).
- Add 3 half of a cherry tomato on your stuffing. Now each chicken breast should look like the following before rolling:
- Roll each chicken breast
- Lay 3 to 4 slices of bacon on your board (depending on the width of the chicken breast) and roll the bacon around each chicken breast. Your stuffed chicken breasts should then look like this:
- Put a sheet of aluminum foil on a non-stick cooking sheet.
- Put a cooking grate on your cooking sheet and place your bacon wrapped chicken breasts on the grate.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Insert your chicken breasts into the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes
- Take off the foil paper and Roast at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes to get the bacon nice and crispy.
- Try not eating more than one is your next challenge.